Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Babycakes NYC

In the mood for something sweet?  Head on down to the lower east side to BabyCakes NYC.  This Vegan bakery has dozens of gluten free goodies. 
Love cupcakes?   They have vanilla, carrot, chocolate and red velvet cupcakes with a choice of 3 different types of  frosting.  They will also make you a full sized cake if that's what you want. 
Are loaves more your taste?  They have 8 different types including zucchini, banana chocolate chip and lemon poppy.  Cookies, brownies, crumb cakes, macaroons and muffins round out the rest of the gf menu.  They offer traditional refined sugar options or agave sweetened treats and many options are dairy-free, egg-free, and soy-free.  Items that contain spelt ( a no-no for celiacs) are boldy identified so it's easy to make a safe choice. 
Prices are pretty much what you would expect to pay for such a specialty item. BabyCakes NYC will ship locally by messenger or nationally by FedEx or you can visit their other locations in Los Angeles and Walt Disney World. They also have 2 cookbooks available for purchase so you can make your own BabyCakes at home. 
Full disclosure:  I have only tried two items from the bakery but if what I've had is any indication I am in love!
The brownies are rich and delicious.  My brownie loving brother said they taste just like a gluten filled brownie and I agree.  At $11 for a dozen these two-bite wonders are well worth it.  I still have a dozen in my freezer that I don't have the heart to eat although I realize I could always just go get more. 
The other item I tried was a chocolate cupcake (noticing a theme here?) which was rich and dense and the perfect size for a wonderful dessert.  Can you tell I am in love with BabyCakes NYC?

No comments:

Post a Comment